You are searching about , today we will share with you article about was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic is useful to you.
Book Summary: The 17 Essential Qualities of a Team Player
A companion reader to the 17 Inalienable Laws
of teamwork, here is a clear character profile of
An ideal team player. Maxwell highlights several main features
of a good team player: deliberate, or she is focused
big picture, relational, others-centered, selfless,
Willing to take a back seat for the benefit of the team, and
Tenacious – works hard to overcome obstacles, no matter what
1. Adjustment: If you will not change for the team, e
The team may change the YouTeam players who have a high probability
Become adaptable with the following characteristics:
a) they have a high learning ability;
b) they are emotionally secure;
c) they are creative; and,
d) They are service minded people.
To achieve such a property, below
a) get used to studying;
b) reassess your role in the team; and, c) to think
outside the lines
2. Cooperation: working together precedes victory
Together cooperation is the key word when it comes to this
meet challenges as a team. Cooperation is just
to work together in a pleasant way, but cooperation means
work together more aggressively. Every player in the team
We must bring something more to the table, and not only that
invest his minimum required work.
A co-op team player should change in four
a) perception; in relation; c) zip code; and d) results
3. Committed: There are no half-hearted champions
Commitment is usually discovered in the midst of
distress. Committed people do not give up easily.
It does not depend on gifts or abilities. more accurate,
It is a result of choice. The commitment continues as it is
based on values. If that’s something you believe in
B, easier to maintain.
To improve the level of commitment, there are:
– Relationship of commitments to values.
– To take a risk.
– Assessing the commitment of team members.
4. Communicative: a team is many voices with a
Single Heart Communication team players are not isolated
themselves from others; Facilitate team members
communicate with them; Do the twenty four hour
rule; Pay attention to potential difficulties
relations; And, tracking important communications
in writing. To improve communication you are expected to:
a) be frank; b) be quick; and, c) be inclusive.
5. Competent: If you can’t, your team won’t
Competent does not simply mean having adequate skills
perform work. This means that the individual must be
Highly skilled to do the job well. to improve
The level of competence, there are:
a) Focus yourself professionally;
b) sweat the small stuff;
c) Give more attention to the application.
6. Trusted: Teams switch to Go-To players
The essence of reliability:
– Pure motives. If there are no hidden agendas
The team will move forward.
– Ability to take responsibility. the group
The player must want the ball and be able to sink it in
the basket and the score.
– Right thinking and good judgment, when it counts.
– Consistent contribution, no matter how tired,
Overwhelmed or distracted, you must be able to
To improve reliability, you must: a) check the
motives; b) Find out what your word is worth.; and,
C) Find someone to hold you accountable.
7. Disciplined: where there is will, there is victory
Discipline is doing what you really don’t want to do,
So you can do what you really want to do. This
It means paying the price so you can get the prize
Later. become the type of player teams want,
People must develop discipline in three areas.
– Disciplined thinking. Keep your brain active, and
Always think about the right things.
– Disciplined emotions. Or you control yours
emotions, or to be taken over by them.
– Disciplined actions. Action separates the winners
from the losers When people act on what they must do,
This is for the benefit of all those on the team.
Adding value to teammates is priceless
Team members love a player who can inspire
outshine. The players of the team which
increase their teammates common characteristics:
– Growers value their teammates.
– Growers value what their teammates value.
– Magnifiers add value to their teammates.
– Magnifiers make themselves more valuable.
How do we become magnifiers?
– Believe in others before they believe in you.
– Serve others before they serve you.
– Add value to others before they add value to you.
Point out the strengths of your teammates, encourage and more
Move them outside of their comfort zone, but inside
Their gift area.
9. Enthusiastic: Your heart is the source of energy
To a team of people who bring an enthusiastic attitude
for teamwork often.
– Take responsibility for their enthusiasm.
– to act their way into the emotion. The only way to start
It’s easy to get started!
– Believe in what they do.
– Spend time with passionate people. Enthusiasm is
To improve enthusiasm, you need:
– Show a sense of urgency.
– Be willing to do more.
– Strive for excellence.
10. On purpose: Make every action count
Being intentional means working with a strong sense
of purpose Successful people never scatter
and random. They have a clear reason why they are
doing what they do For a team to succeed,
It needs purposeful people who are focused and
Productive, the kind of person who can do anything
11. Aware of the mission: the big picture comes through loudly
And of course. The four attributes of a mission-conscious team
The players are the ff:
– They know where the team is going.
– They let the team leader lead.
– They put the team’s achievements before themselves.
– They do whatever it takes to accomplish the task.
To improve mission awareness you must:
– Check if your team is focused on their task.
– Find ways to remember the task.
– Contribute to the best of your ability as a team member.
12. Prepared: Preparation can be the difference between
Winner and loser
To be a more prepared team, consider the following:
a) assessment; b) Alignment; c) ratio; and, d) action.
To improve your readiness you should:
a) become a process thinker; b) do further research; and,
c) Learn from your mistakes.
13. Elevation: If you get along, others will go along
Teams want people who are relational. Look for the
The following in your team relations: a) respect;
b) shared experiences; c) trust; d) reciprocity; and,
e) Mutual enjoyment.
To treat your teammates better, you must: a) Focus
about others instead of about yourself; b) ask the right questions;
c) share common experiences; and, d) make others feel
14. Self-improvement: To improve the team, improve yourself
People who constantly improve themselves do three
process a continuous cycle in their lives: preparation,
reflection, and application.
To become self-improvement you must: a) be tall
teachable; b) plan your progress; c) Value
Self improvement over self promotion.
15. Selfless: There is no “I” in the team
As a team member, how do you cultivate an attitude of
– Be generous.
– Avoid internal politics.
– Show loyalty.
– Values of interdependence over independence.
Be more selfless.
– Promote someone other than you.
– Take a subordinate position.
– Give in secret, without the other team members
16. Solution Oriented: Make a decision to find the
Solving your personality type, education and personal
History naturally affects how well you resolve.
Anyone can be solution oriented. solution oriented
People recognize these truths:
– Problems are a matter of perspective.
– All problems can be solved.
– Problems stop us or stretch us.
Make yourself a solution-oriented team player, you
must: a) refuse to give up; b) refocus your thinking;
c) rethink your strategy; and, d) repeat the process.
17. Stubborn: Never, never, never quit
Being tenacious means giving everything you’ve got, 100%
No more than you have. It has a connection
Working with determination, not waiting for fate.
Stubborn people do not rely on luck, fate or destiny
for their success. When the going gets tough,
They continue to work. Stop when the job is done, no
when you are tired Push yourself beyond what you think
you are able
To improve your tenacity, you must: a) work harder or
smarter; b) stand for something c) turn your work into a game.
“Care more about your character than yours
reputation, because character is what you really are,
Whereas your reputation is only what others think you are
-John Wooden, college basketball coach
“Although they only give gold medals in the field of
Athletics, I recommend everyone to look inside themselves
and find their personal dream, whatever it may be
be – sports, medicine, law, business, music, writing,
Whatever you say. The same principles apply. Make your dream come true
into a target and learn how to attack that target
systematically. Divide it into visible bite-sized pieces
Possible, then don’t give up. Just keep blocking.”
– John Naver, swimmer, four-time Olympic gold medalist
You can see more content about on our youtube channel: Click Here
If you have any questions about , please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate: 4-5 stars
#Book #Summary #Essential #Qualities #Team #Player